James is a cornerstone here at Thornborough Smeltz LLP, sharing his 41 years of legal experience and knowledge with the team and with our clients.
James practises primarily in the areas of civil litigation including contract disputes, personal injury, employment, and family law. He also has a general practice that includes wills and estates, corporate and real estate law.
With his firm commitment to integrity and the law, James has extensive experience as a litigator representing professionals in disciplinary matters. He was appointed Queen's Counsel by Her Majesty's Lieutenant Governor for Alberta in 2014.
- University of Manitoba, LL.B., 1973
- St. John's College, B.A., 1969
- Wills and Estates
- Real Estate Conveyancing
- Family Law
- Alberta 1985
- Manitoba 1974
- Commissioned Officer Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada (retd)
- Past President of Western Manitoba Bar Association
- Bencher Law Society of Manitoba 1982
- Law Society of Alberta