Tammy brings heart to the Thornborough Smeltz LLP team, in addition to years of experience in family law.
Legal challenges involving one's family can get personal and be difficult to deal with, Tammy understands this. As such, she consistently connects with her clients on a personal level to cater solutions that are cost-effective and efficient.
Tammy's family law practice includes matrimonial property, common law property, divorce, custody and parenting; child, spousal and partner support; and separation, cohabitation, and pre-nuptial agreements. Her general practice also includes real estate conveyancing, and wills and estates.
Tammy is a qualified mediator who often directs clients to mediation, arbitration and judicial dispute resolution. She actively serves as a Dispute Resolution Officer with Alberta Justice and when necessary, advocates in Provincial and Queen's Bench courts.
When she's not working, you can find Tammy hanging out with her kids or hitting the trails in Fish Creek Park training her next marathon.
- University of Saskatchewan LL.B., 1997
- University of Saskatchewan B.A. (Hons.), 1993
- Family Law
- Real Estate Conveyancing
- Wills and Estates
- Alberta 1999
- Saskatchewan 1998
- Alberta Family Mediation Society
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Dispute Resolution Officer, Alberta Justice
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Calgary Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- VP Policy, Calgary-Lougheed PC Association